Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Corpus Christi / The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ





June 7, 2015
Corpus Christi
The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ

As I prepare for this weekend, I am drawn to so many different reflections about the feast of “Corpus Christi”.  While it is translated, “The Body of Christ” the feast is “The Body and Blood of Christ.”  I do believe that we too often only consider the Body of Christ when we are talking about the Eucharist.  As we listen to the Word of God proclaimed in the Gospel today, I would suggest that we pay special attention to the Blood of Christ.  “ This  is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed for many… I shall not drink again the fruit of the vine until the day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”  What is the significance of the Precious Blood to you at Communion, the Blood of The New Covenant?  
                                    Deacon Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment