Thursday, June 1, 2017

Pentecost Sunday - Come Holy Spirit!



June 4, 2017
Pentecost Sunday

As we approach the conclusion of our Easter season we conclude with this special celebration of the Holy Spirit coming down on the followers of Jesus.   Today we ask the Holy Spirit to breathe those same gifts of understanding into us, to refresh us like a great strong wind that blows away the dust and cobwebs. Be still as we listen to that Holy Spirit encouraging us and giving us the strength to do more than we thought we could.
      Let us all pray:
“Bend the stubborn heart and will;
Melt the frozen, warm the chill;
Guide the steps that go astray.”
I ask the Holy Spirit to help me to listen, to really hear what people are saying to me. I ask the Holy Spirit to help bend my too often stubborn heart and will and to keep me on a good path to following God.
-       Deacon Jim




No comments:

Post a Comment